Good evening to all, I wanted to share with you my tips for a good night’s sleep. If you look at the picture above these are the most important things in order to get your zzz’s. So establish a routine and get sleeping.
Here are the following recommendations that I swear by in order to get my 8 hours of sleep (your heart will thank you for it by getting 6-8 hours of sleep!):
- Start getting ready for bed by changing into your pajamas
- Lay out your clothes for the next day and grab a towel for your shower
- Make your lunch and also plan on what you’re going to make for breakfast for the next day
- Brush your teeth and floss
- Try not to take showers at night-time (that’s up to you!)
- Drink only water before calling it a night and use the restroom before you go to sleep
- Turn off all electronic devices and avoid watching TV
- Set your alarm if you have to get up early in the morning
- Read a book (This puts me to sleep!)
- Take a non habit-forming sleep aid like ZZZQuil (only as needed) or drink some lavender and chamomile tea. This really helps you fall asleep.
- Make sure your room temperature is between 68-70 degrees. A cool room makes you sleepy. A hot room keeps you awake.
- Keep a fan on to help circulate the air in your room
- Make sure the room is completely dark and quiet. Use earplugs if you have to.
- Take a deep breath and count sheep if you have to
- Also, I turn my alarm away from me because it helps me not look at the clock and keeps my anxiety down.
Hopefully, these tips help you get your zzz’s. Again, keep your sleep schedule consistent. If you don’t go to bed at the same time every night, then you will have sleeping problems. Goodnight.