I don’t have to tell you how powerful music can be. I’ve always loved music and I’m very eclectic and I will listen to a variety of music. One of the things that I love about music in general is the lyrics of a song. The melodies are very catchy, but lyrics are usually from the artist’s experiences and they tell a story. I love songs that are written that have an actually message behind them.
There are so many songs out there that talk about depression and I wanted to put out some that I love and can completely relate to.
- “Let it be” by The Beatles (This is also an inspiring song as well)
- “Comfortably numb” by Pink Floyd
- “Why do I feel so sad” by Alicia Keys
- “Caged bird” by Alicia Keys
- “Paint it black” by The Rolling Stones
- “Everybody hurts” by REM
- “Adam’s song” by Blink 182
- “White room” by Cream
Again, this list goes on and on. There’s so many other songs too have talk about this subject. One of my favorite Rolling Stones songs is “Paint it black” and I had to listen to the lyrics very carefully and it really spoke to me.
On the bright side there’s too many inspirational and uplifting songs that I listen to when I’m feeling down and they really help me.
- “Perfect” by Pink
- “Raise your glass” by Pink
- “Fighter” by Christina Aguilera
- “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera
- “Hero” by Mariah Carey
- “Let it be” by The Beatles
- “I’ll be there” by Jackson 5
- “Anytime you need a friend” by Mariah Carey
- “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child
- “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson
- “You raise me up” by Josh Groban
- “We are the champions” by Queen (If you listen closely, they talk about overcoming obstacles!)
Remember, this list is not all-inclusive. There are so many great songs out that with powerful messages that we can all relate to. Find which song that speaks to you!